Publishers address

Scarthin Books, The Promenade, Scarthin, Cromford, Derbyshire, England DE4 3QF

Police Dog Rudi

Police Dog Rudi
Ready for action

Monday, May 04, 2009

Dog trials

Part of the introduction to my book 'With Courage and Trust' was the dedication to my wife, Diane, who has suffered years of dogging by my side, be it in rain, wind, hail or snow. (translated to mean standing by my side at Working Trials etc)However I have since learned that 'dogging' is now something completely different and this was pointed out to me by a young man in my office, who had purchased my book. It has particular reference to Thieves Wood and is described as:(the Internet translation)Dogging is a predominantly British activity that involves outdoor exhibitionism in car-parks, wooded areas and the like. The term dogging originated in the early Seventies to describe men who spied on couples having sex outdoors. These men would 'dog' the couples' every move in an effort to watch them. When the swinging scene discovered that open-air sex has its own special thrill they began meeting in car-parks, and the doggers found a new and rich supply of voyeuristic fun. Moreover, the doggers soon realised that these couples were actively encouraging them to watch, even performing for them, and sometimes allowing them to join in.
We certainly had no connection! embarrassed or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment