Publishers address

Scarthin Books, The Promenade, Scarthin, Cromford, Derbyshire, England DE4 3QF

Police Dog Rudi

Police Dog Rudi
Ready for action

Friday, March 01, 2013

Nottinghamshire Police Dog history 1960's


 On bed with John Rebaudi (right).  Terry Cain Leeds Dog Sgt.
Standing, Gordon Cain (Terry's brother)   
Front row,  Notts  Jack Smithhurst, Ray W Wood, Dennis Scott and Jock Wilson.   
Photo's taken in 1964 at the SV trials at Kassel, Germany.


John Rebaudi with PD Wotan



With Ray Wood

Many thanks for these photos from Sarah Wood and further information from John Rebaudi

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a question to ask to further some research I am doing. Can anyone tell me when ex PC Mick Cooling's police dog Fritz passed away. I believe it was in either 1975 or 1976, but I would like, if possible, a more exact date.

    Many thanks,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Fritz was a Police Dog from 1964 -1970. Sorry but I have no record when he died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave,
    Many thanks for your reply. I know quite a bit about Fritz who was the penultimate dog to be trained by the old City Force. I understood that Fritz completed his training in 1967 and continued to work as a police dog until he was nearly ten, but that doesn't really help me to calculate his date of death. As I said before, I am pretty sure it was either 1975 or 1976, but I have no idea how to find the information I need.
    Many thanks for trying to help me.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave,
    I have just ordered a copy of your book With Courage and Trust, and very much look forward to reading it. My father was a PD handler with the Nottingham City Police Force and then the Nottinghamshire Combined Constabulary. He was the handler of PD Major, a very fine Alsation, but I am somewhat biased.
    Very best wishes,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete